Take a look to see all events happening on Block Island in September!
Remember to bookmark this page to be able to easily access all events on Block Island in September!
As more events get added into the mix, we will be sure to update the blog!
- Friday August 25th - Friday September 8th – Spring Street Gallery featuring Robin Langsdorf Photography and Jenny Noonan, Drawing & Painting. Located at 105 Spring Street. For more information, please visit http://springstreetgallery.com.
- Saturday, September 2nd – Farmers Market at Legion Park – Wednesday and Saturday mornings from 9am – 11:30am. With its many fruits and veggies, artisan cheese spreads, salsas, shellfish and more, the Market is a veritable festival for foodies. But wait, there’s more. Not only are there plenty of edibles to delight your taste buds, there are also arts and crafts, music, kids, dogs and a laid-back community atmosphere that makes you smile just being there. Rain or shine, the Market is held every Wednesday and Saturday morning at Legion Park from June 10th through the first weekend in October.
- Monday, September 4th- Tunes By The Dunes - From 6:30pm-8:00pm, Join in the fun of the first-ever iam session at the Fred Benson Block Island Town Beach! All instruments and voices are welcome to join in the strumming, singing, and/or listening to the live music! We will work from lyrics and chords projected on a screen. So, bring your enthusiasm and beach chair for this evening of fun. We have an introduction to basic Uke chords at 6:30 P.M and then the jam session for all instruments and singers begins at 7:00 P.M and ends at 8:00 P.M.
- Tuesday, September 5th - Soundwaves Movies On The Beach – Join the community in a viewing of Beetlejuice rated PG from 8:00pm-10:00pm, located at The Town Beach Pavilion. Admission is free, and donations are appreciated.
- Friday, September 8th - Saturday September 22nd - Spring Street Gallery - featuring Katherine Langlands Painting. Located at 105 Spring Street. For more information, please visit http://springstreetgallery.com.
- Saturday, September 9th - Run Around The Block 15k Road Race @ 1:30 PM - The 15K route begins at Isaac's Corner near Fresh Pond, the Run Around the Block 15K Road Race has a 1:30 pm start time. We suggest that you plan to arrive on
island with plenty of time to make your way up to the starting line. For more information and to sign up, visit https://runaroundtheblock15kroadrace.itsyourrace.com/event.aspx?id=15615!
- Sunday, September 10th - Block Island Arts & Crafts Guild Fair – The Block Island Arts and Crafts Guild Fair started on Sunday June 25th from 9:00am-2:00pm at Bridgegate Square! Stop by to check out many different artists creations. Please visit their facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BlockIslandGuild/ for more information!
- Thursday, September 14th - Sunday, September 17th - Block Island Pride! Thursday night at Dodge Night Market the schedule is:
- Rainbow Tie-Dye at the Traveling Seamstress 4:00-6:00 pm
- Craft at The Darius Inn 4:00-6:00 pm
- Drag Queen Bingo at The Island Free Library 5:00-6:00 pm
- Queer Tarot & Live Jazz Music at Persephone's Kitchen 6:00-8:30 pm
- Friday, September 15th - Block Island Pride! Friday night schedule below:
- Austin Morin and Katherine Langlands' Art Opening at The Spring Street Gallery 5:00-7:00 PM
- Life Drawing Class at The Spring Street Gallery 7:00- 8:15 pm *RSVP (21+)
- Liguid Dancefloor Drag Queen Party at Captain Nick's (21+) 9:00 pm-1:00 am
- Saturday, September 16th - Block Island Pride! Saturday schedule below:
- Drag Queen Story Hour at The Island Free Library 10:00am - 11:00 am
- Mermaid Pride March begins at The Ocean View Pavilion 12:00pm - 1:00 pm
- Drag Brunch at Yellow Kittens (Family Friendly) 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm
- To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything (PG 13) presented by Soundwaves at Town Beach 6:30 pm
- Sunday, September 17th - Block Island Pride! Sunday schedule below:
- Kim Gaffett's Queerness in Nature Walk 2:00-4:00 pm *RSVP*
- Friday, September 22nd to Friday, October 6th - Spring Street Gallery featuring Jerry Powers Paintings. Located at 105 Spring Street. For more information, please visit http://springstreetgallery.com.
As always, please visit http://www.blockislandinfo.com for more information!