Block Island Historical Society
The Society headquarters — a white three-story building with a cupola and red mansard roof — was originally built around 1871 and was known as the Woonsocket House. Originally the homestead of Gideon Rose and later rebuilt as a boarding house it was purchased by the Society in 1945.Today, it’s a museum covering island history. The Museum charges a small admission, welcomes groups and has various events on the grounds through the high season.
January 1, 2023 - January 1, 2024